Please see training guidance for each research area below. If you need further help at any time, contact the Research Compliance staff.
Human Subjects Research
- CITI: All investigators must take the Collaborative IRB Training Initiative online training.
- HIPAA: Investigators using Protected Health Information (PHI) should also take Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) training.
Animal Subjects Research
- All users who will be handling animals should take the Animal Care and Use
Training Seminar offered through the VSC.
- There are additional training requirements for sheep & non-human primate users.
- Other training opportunities are available through the Veterinary Service Center (VSC).
Stem Cells Research
No special training is required, per President Obama’s Executive Order on March 9, 2009.
Environmental Health and Safety (EH&S) is responsible for Administrative Panel on Biosafety (APB). Please see the APB website for training information.