Policies, guidances, and supporting documents governing human subject research and the protection of particpants comprise the written plan for the Human Research Protection Program (HRPP) at Stanford University. The policies are organized into the 20 chapters of the HRPP Policy Manual.
The goal of the HRPP is to protect human research participants by ensuring that in all Stanford research:
- The rights and welfare of human research participants are adequately protected.
- Such research is guided by the ethical principles of respect for persons, beneficence, and justice as set forth in the Belmont Report, and is conducted with the highest level of expertise and integrity.
- Such research complies with applicable laws.
|HRPP Policy Manual|
Research Policy Handbook
The Stanford University Research Policy Handbook is a collection of policies, guidelines and general information related to the research enterprise at Stanford University. Those pertaining to human subject research include:
RPH Chapter 1 Conduct of Research:
- RPH 1.2 - Rights and Responsibilities in the Conduct of Research
- RPH 1.7 - Research Misconduct: Policy on Allegations, Investigations, and Reporting
- RPH 1.9 - Retention of and Access to Research Data
RPH Chapter 4 Conflicts of Commitment and Interest:
- RPH 4.1 - Faculty Policy on Conflict of Commitment and Interest
- RPH 4.2 - PHS & NSF Requirements Regarding Financial Disclosures and Agency Notifications
- RPH 4.4 - Conflict of Interest and Commitment For Academic Staff and Other Teaching Staff
- RPH 4.7 - Institutional Conflict of Interest in Research Involving Human Subjects
RPH Chapter 5 Human Subjects and Stem Cells in Research:
- RPH 5.1 - Human Research Protection Program
- RPH 5.2 - Federal-wide Assurance for Protection of Human Subjects
- RPH 5.3 - Women as Subjects in Research
- RPH 5.4 - Use of Human Subjects in Student Projects, Pilot Studies, Oral Histories and QA/QI Projects
- RPH 5.5 - Use of Employees or Laboratory Personnel as Research Subjects
- RPH 5.6 - Guidelines for Studies Involving Human Volunteers Receiving Potentially Addicting Drugs
- RPH 5.7 - Training in the Protection of Human Subjects in Research
- RPH 5.8 - Human Stem Cell Research
RPH Chapter 18 Committees and Panels that Support Research:
- RPH 18.3 - Administrative Panels for Research Compliance
- RPH 18.4 - Confidentiality of Administrative Panel Proceedings