Information for Non-Medical Researchers
Who should submit a Non-Medical IRB application?
The Non-Medical IRB application is for researchers in the following schools:
- Humanities and Sciences
- Graduate School of Education
- Graduate School of Business
- Engineering (Bioengineering Department: contact IRB Staff before submitting a protocol)
- Doerr School of Sustainability
If the study will include any School of Medicine personnel, a Medical IRB protocol is required even if the study procedures are not medical in nature.
Contact the Non-Medical IRB
Please contact email@example.com with any questions related to the Non-Medical IRB application process.
- Non-Medical Application Process
- Forms and Consent Templates
- Non-Medical Protocol Initial Submission Checklist
- Special Considerations for Non-Medical Applications
- Sample Non-Medical eProtocol Applications
- An Introduction to the Stanford IRB (Social/Behavioral Research Focus) (37 minute video)
- Global Privacy Laws and Regulations (GDPR, PIPL)