Education and training are provided to all individuals involved with the Human Research Protection Program (HRPP). The HRPP Policy Manual specifies education requirements for IRB members, IRB staff and research personnel.
Click HERE to register for an upcoming eProtocol Training Session.
eProtocol training sessions (slides), for new and less experienced users, are provided by the Research Compliance Office.
Please review the following videos for information on:
- Who/What is the IRB? (3 minutes)
- Getting Started - What is Needed and eProtocol Basics (5 minutes)
- How to Submit a New IRB Application (16 minutes)
- How to Submit a Continuing Review or Modification in eProtocol (4 minutes)
- IRB Protocol Review Process and General Tips (5 minutes)
Stanford provides access to required training through the interactive online Collaborative Institutional Training Initiative (CITI) Course: The Protection of Human Research Subjects. (more information)
IRB Member Education
View past training presentations, materials and handouts from previous panel meetings.
- Presentations provided to the research community and IRB
- eProtocol FAQs
- Spectrum - Stanford/Packard Center for Translational Research in Medicine
- CCTO - Stanford Cancer Clinical Trials Office
As well as the human subjects training for researchers required by the IRB, there might be training required by other groups, programs, or departments. Researchers should see Training on the Dean of Research (DoR) website, or refer to their department to identify needed education.
Contact IRB Education or call (650) 724-7141